Leads organization wide testing improvement efforts, presenting statuses and results to senior leadership. Develops intricate test matrices and test plans for large and complex systems. Executes tests on new or modified software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements and meet business and industry standards. Works closely with Project Team to determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted and sequences and phases of test operations. Prepares testing results reports documenting findings.
1. Works in close partnership with developers to test software functionality and accelerated resolution of any issues.
2. Senior Level participation in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
3. Expert working in a technical platform with code, databases, and servers. Configures test environment (copy from prod mirror, loads code, updates database) for test to be executed in pristine environment. Installs, configures, run testing tools that measure and test software usability and performance.
4. Leads testing activities across multiple and complex projects.
5. Develops test matrix, test plan, test design, and test case documents to perform system, functional, usability, integration and regression testing. Verifies data in/out accuracy and stability. Maintains full and complete documentation of all test results substantiating the software performed as expected.
6. Leads the team test efforts to ensure proper testing execution is adhered to and follows up on defect tracking for entire testing team to verify resolution.
7. Mentors less experienced staff in specific business knowledge areas or quality management techniques.
8. Communicates any critical test areas for system testing, identifies risk and actively plans to mitigate any risk.
9. Recommends opportunities for productivity and process improvements.
10. Works closely with Developers, Software Development Manager, Business Analysts, to communicate testing results and provide business resources any information needed for UAT phase of software development.
- Exceptional commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Active and attentive listening skills.
- Proficient Critical & analytical thinking.
- Superior deductive & inductive reasoning skills.
- Passion for puzzles. Advanced complex problem recognition and expert at solving.
- Ability to perform in a leadership role for managing large projects.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team setting or independently.
- High integrity for outstanding attention to details.
- Self-awareness of good time management skills.
- Excellent grammatical and math skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Training, Education, Certifications, and Work Experience
- ISTQB Foundation, Advanced or Expert Level Certification and/or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science plus 8+ years of experience. Degree may be substituted with an additional four years of applicable experience.
- Insurance industry experience is preferred.
- Strong MS Office applications skills required, particularly Excel.
- Highly Skilled Agile & Waterfall methodology experience required.
- Advanced experience with test management tools such as Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, and/or Microsoft Test Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of testing requirements, standards and variety quality methodologies
- Advanced skills in the following: JMeter, HTML, CSS, Java, JSON, Wiki, RDBMS, SQL, XML, Bitbucket, .Net, Ruby, JIRA, SharePoint, and Microsoft TFS.
- Full comprehension of programming. Proficient knowledge of working at the server, code, and database levels.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in all phases SDLC.
- Proficient Automation testing experience required. Ability to write, edit, maintain, and code review.
- Expert understanding and application of the structure and content of the English Language to include the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Strong math, algebra, and statistics skills.
- Preferred experience utilizing insurance transaction systems