The Release Manager will have the responsibility for coordinating and deploying software releases in an environment where multiple teams are developing software within the Seibels Guidewire platform. This role will include fully automating the provisioning of software systems (Guidewire instance, OnBase and Financial Systems), deployment of various versions of code, and general configuration management tasks. This individual will be working closely with Development, QA, and cross-functional technology groups to deploy software across all application deployment levels (Dev, QA, Staging and Production). The successful candidate will be a solid team player, possessing excellent organization and multitasking skills, as well as hold quality oral and written communication approach.
- Coordinates work with Account Management to coordinate releases with external customers.
- Schedules server deployments and application configurations using automation tools provided.
- Reviews technical design documentation.
- Creates weekly/monthly release plans.
- Creates, coordinates, and maintains a database refresh schedule.
- Understands and helps coordinate all the various development projects in-flight to determine optimal deployment schedule.
- Communicates transparently with various levels and functions of the organization.
- Serves as a liaison between multiple concurrent development teams to coordinate rollout schedules and maximize deployments to help meet Seibels target date launch goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Active and attentive listening skills.
- Strong project management, organizational, and planning skills.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
- Performs well multitasking during periods of increased work demands.
- Sets and delivers to agreed-upon deadlines.
- Ability to work flexible hours where needed for the success of deployments.
Training, Education, Certifications, and Work Experience
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Computer Science or above related experience required with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT or DEVOPS
- Guidewire Policy and Billing Center experience required
- Full Guidewire Suite preferred
- SAP experience a plus
- Experience utilizing release management and automation tools to deploy, test and support services in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment a plus
- Familiarity with open source work management tools: JIRA, Jenkins and Git a plus
- Proven experience working in a team collaborative environment with agile framework for delivering software
- Proficient in MS Office