Oversees Facility personnel and directs building and custodial supervisors for preventative, predictive, and routine maintenance tasks including but not limited to the areas of HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and electrical activities. Provides guidance and instruction to staff and monitors work performed by outside contractors. Applies skills, experience, and general knowledge of craft to safely and efficiently repair and maintain the facility.
The following duty statements are illustrative of essential functions of the job and do not include other non-essential or marginal duties that may be required.
1. Provides guidance and instruction to staff for the repairs, maintenance, and installation of electrical systems, plumbing, HVAC, and fixtures. Directs and oversees vendor performance of scheduled preventative maintenance. Oversees maintenance service request activities to assure they are addressed in an efficient, cost effective, and timely manner.
2. Uses design specifications, blueprints, drawings, sketches, or verbal instruction, for decisions or recommendations on the alterations and/or modifications to structures or furnishing.
3. Uses expertise to diagnosis problems and conduct emergency repairs.
4. Provides insight and recommendations for upgrades, improvements or changes to the building, grounds, parking lots or interior floor plans.
5. Prepares Facilities annual budget and monitors and approves departmental expenditures.
6. Coordinates activities and communications between outside contractors and service vendors with company executives and the building owner.
7. Responsible for adherence to building and premises improvements, maintenance and repairs as defined in the Lease Agreement.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
2. Performs all duties in accordance with safety procedures and in compliance with company, local, City, State and Federal safety guidelines.
3. Responsible for the building and premises security and safety.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral directions.
- Ability and willingness to work individually or in a team setting.
- Good interpersonal skills to interact with all employees, contractors, and tenants.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Ability to solve problems by making timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend and follow written instructions.
- Attention to detail.
Training, Education, Certifications, and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED plus 5 years in maintenance or related field with a broad technical background to include mechanical, electrical, heating and cooling, plumbing, electricity, painting, and carpentry or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Must have working knowledge and experience in at least two of the above technical skills and the ability to learn the others.
- Experience in using a variety of small hand and power tools.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Ability to use personal computer and Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.